It also means that Spring is oh so close! Happy 1st Day of Spring today !
Temps are rising. Snow is melting. Sun is shining. I am smiling. Birds are singing. Kids are scattering about and playing. I'm hearing their playful screams. Balls flying by windows. Shoes and bikes through messy cold puddles. The begging for 10 more minutes of playtime.
It's glorious. I love it. Spring is my favorite season, once the sloppy mess dries up. I also have a love for Spring Cleaning. Some would say I Spring Clean all year long, but I do it more during this time of year. It feels good to throw those windows open, air out the germ infested winter air in our homes. Get rid of those dust bunnies, clear away the clutter, organize the closets, shelves and drawers that have been neglected all winter.We just did the season clothes switch. Put away winter coats and boots. Sprung out the light coats, tennis shoes and flip flops. Pumped to go for outside walks and bike rides. Giving the treadmill and stationary bike in the garage a break.
My dogs can feel it too. They are laying in the sun rays with sleepy eyes half open, feeling the breeze, smelling the smells, rolling in the soggy not quite dried up grass. Just sitting in the yard, taking it all in. Pulling like a mother on the leash because it's been so long since they've had a real walk.
Although it's still a little chilly, it's here, it has begun....my happy season has arrived.
When cleaning, I only use products from Shaklee's Get Clean line of products. They are natural, nontoxic, super concentrated and have no phosphates, chlorine, bleach or dyes in them. They are safe and they REALLY work better than anything I've ever tried before.
My Basic Spring Cleaning List
- Clear clutter
- Organize what's left
- Swap out seasonal clothing
- Shovels & sleds to the attic
- Bring out rakes & gardening tools (bikes/toys)
- Make piles as I go for things to toss, for garage sale or Good Will
- Go through & toss expired OTC medicines
- Change smoke & any other detector batteries
- Check screens, clean window sills & windows
- Vacuum exhaust fans & any vent covers
- Ceiling fans
- Light fixtures & globes
- Doors (where dust collects at each panel), wipe down door knobs
- Wipe down cabinet & cupboard doors
- Switch plates
- Shampoo carpets
- Disinfect hard floors
- Tub/toilet/sinks extra scrub
- Wash curtains or dust blinds
- Dust pictures & wall hangings, shelves & lamps
- Clean out garage & pressure wash floor
- Pressure wash exterior siding & windows
- Patio furniture (kids love to hose these off)
- Patios, walkways
- Wash & stain decks
- Grills out & ready to fire up
- Vehicle-clean inside & out
With all this cleaning, don't forget how incredibly cost effective Basic H2 Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate is. Works great for every single job on the above cleaning lists.